Dear colleagues, dear friends of the CSI talk series!
Today, I am happy to share with you the lineup we have for the "Computer Science Insights" (CSI) talks at HSG St. Gallen for the upcoming Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 terms.
Our goal remains the same: to provide a platform for cutting-edge discussions and insights from all field within computer science.
Without further ado, here is the list of speakers.
List of Speakers
Fall Term 2023:
- September 21, 2023: We kick off the fall term with Peter Mueller from ETH Zurich. Peter is the head of the Programming Methodology group at ETH Zurich and has an extensive background in the development of correct software. He'll be talking about programming languages, a topic of great relevance in our field. Guido will be hosting this session. (detailed flyer attached)
- October 12, 2023: Next up, we have Sarah Mennicken, Founder of DREI Solutions (formerly at Spotify). Sarah will share insights into "Innovation, Insights, Impact: Human-Centered Computing in the Wild." Drawing from various disciplines like computer science, design, and psychology, she'll discuss how HCI experts can drive innovation and impact. Johannes & Simon will be hosting.(detailed flyer attached)
- November 16, 2023: Harald Reiterer from the University of Konstanz, another HCI expert, will take the stage. His topic, "Embodied Cross-Reality Interaction," explores the seamless transition between different realities in human-computer interaction. Kenan & Simon will be the hosts for this intriguing talk.(detailed flyer will follow)
- December 7, 2023: Wrapping up the fall series, we have Antonio Krüger, the CEO of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) and a professor at Saarland University. Antonio's topic will be announced soon, but his expertise promises an insightful conclusion to the term before Christmas. Johannes will be hosting this session. (detailed flyer will follow)
Spring Term 2024:
- February 29 and March, 2024: In the spring term, we will shine a spotlight on two of our very own assistant professors, Christina Niklaus and Ronny Seiger from HSG. They will be delivering talks on their research.
- April 11, 2024: Anne Gebhardt from Bosch will join us to discuss "Cracking the Code: Unraveling the Secrets of Computer Science Masterpiece CVs." This session will be especially interesting for our students as Anne shares her insights on crafting standout CVs in our field.
As always, we will announce these talks well in advance, and I encourage all of you to join.
For those who might be new to the CSI talk format, here's a brief overview:
When: Every second Thursday from 4 pm to 6 pm during the semester.
Where: SQUARE at the School of Computer Science, University of St. Gallen.
What: Presentations of approximately 45 minutes, followed by 15-30 minutes for questions and general discussion, and concluding with light refreshments.
We love to see your active participation these sessions. The CSI talks provide an great opportunity to delve into the latest developments in our field.
Stay tuned for more details on each talk, and mark your calendars for these exciting events.